The Unemployment Payment Act of Alabama
1 . Appellee, the Southern Coal & Coke Co., is actually a Delaware organization employing a lot more than eight folks in its business of fossil fuel mining in Alabama.
2 . Appellee, Gulf States Paper Corporation, is a Delaware organization employing more than eight people in its business of manufacturing daily news within the condition.
3. That they brought the present suits in the District Court for the center District of Alabama, to restrain appellants, the Lawyer General plus the Unemployment Payment Commission of Alabama, from collecting the money contributions exacted of them by the provisions of the Alabama Lack of employment Compensation Work.
4. In the decrees from the district courtroom, three idol judges, granting the relief interceded, the case comes here on appeal.
5. The Unemployment Reimbursement Act creates a comprehensive system for providing unemployment benefits for workers employed in the state by employers designated by the Work.
6. These types of employers include all who employ ten or more persons for 20 or so or more weeks in the year, two (f), apart from those engaged in certain specific employments.
7. It imposes on the organisations the obligation to pay a specific percentage with their00 monthly payrolls into the express Unemployment Payment Fund, given by appellants.
8. The fund will be deposited inside the " Unemployment Trust Fund" of the United States Government, Social Protection Act, and is to be used as requisitioned by the State Commission, to pay joblessness benefits recommended by the statute, but without any liability for the state past amounts paid into or perhaps earned by the fund. Rewards are payable from the fund to the employees covered by the Act, in the event of their lack of employment, upon approved conditions including prescribed rates.
9. The Act complies with the criteria which in turn, by 903 (a) of the Social Security Act of August 16, 1935, are manufactured prerequisite to its acceptance by the Social Security Table created by simply that Work, and it has been...